Bhutan Kidney Foundation is a Civil Society Organization (CSO) / Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) officially registered under The Civil Society Organizations Authority (CSOA- www.csoa.org.bt). Centrally located in capital Thimphu, the Foundation is functioning as an instrumental support group for the well-being of Bhutanese kidney patients. Currently, due to financial constraint the foundation focuses primarily on public education and awareness on prevention of kidney related diseases in the country. As it matures, we look forward to extending financial support to those kidney patients who have financial difficulties to undergo kidney transplant even though our generous government bears the entire medical cost and some living expenses. Besides, if need be, BKF also provides similar support and services to other organs related patients since there isn’t separate organizations to look after these issues at present.
The Foundation strives towards ensuring quality health services for all kidney patients in Bhutan through appropriate interventions to enable them to contribute equally towards socio economic development of the country. (RESPONSIVE INTERVENTIONS)
“To support and improve health conditions and overall well being of kidney patients in Bhutan through promotion, prevention and curative measures thereby contributing towards Gross National Happiness”.
– To promote overall well-being of kidney patients in Bhutan.
– To raise awareness among general public on kidney related diseases in coordination with relevant agencies and stakeholders.
– To ensure all kidney patients have easy access to affordable care and services.
– To raise funds & facilitate underprivileged & needy patients to undergo transplant even though RGoB currently bears the entire medical costs besides other financial assistance.
– To support establishment of renal and other organ transplantation programmes in Bhutan in near future.
– To encourage, promote and facilitate legal organ donations.
– To provide necessary support and services to other organ-related patients as well.
– To explore international funds amongst health supporting organizations around the globe for the purposes of carrying out research on causes of rampant kidney failures in Bhutan so that in near future, the disease may be contained.